For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.
My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret,
you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.
My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.
the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.
Psalm 139:13-16
This psalm blows me away. The God of the Universe, infinite in holiness and power, is the same God who intricately wove me in my mother's womb! I've been thinking alot about these truths lately with my birthday, babysitting last weekend, my work at the crisis pregnancy center, and mother's day coming up this weekend. What does the Lord have to teach me about Himself from these shadows?
Truly children are a blessing from the Lord unlike what the world would have us believe about them. They are created, by God's perfect and powerful design, with much care and detail. I think the forming of a child in a mother's womb is one of the most glorious mysteries in the world. How much greater the mystery of our spiritual lives in Christ!?
He has chosen, formed, fashioned, woven and made me into a woman, created to bear His image uniquely, created to know Him and worship Him in a way no other human being ever will. His eyes see my unformed substance, He sees how He will grow me and shape me, He can see me for who I am now but more amazingly who He is making me to be. Just as a healthy baby will continue to grow in the womb from the sustaining nourishment of its mother, so also He will continue to grow me until the day I meet Him, my Maker and Sustainer.
All my days were written for me before even one of them came to be! What hope that brings for today's trials and frustrations. He knows. He is not surprised. He is fully in control. He says to my restless soul, "rest in Me, my child."
Sometime I feel like I learn so slowly. This is one of those seasons. I am easily angered, selfish, and discontented. I seek Him to change my heart but it seems the fruit is sparse and fragile. Yet in this my soul finds great joy, He sees my unformed substance. My frame is not hidden from Him as I am being made in secret, as He changes my heart from the inside out. Even when I cannot see, I will trust that He is at work, intricately weaving the fabric of my life for His glory.
birthday roses, thank you Joshua!
Babysitting Hudson and Pregnancy Resource Center "Walk For Life"
What a fun day!

blessed by the reading of your blog Peg...i thank God for your honesty and transparency! what a sweet reminder of how intimately The Father knows each of us!
ReplyDeleteLynda