Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

One week later...

Its hard to believe that one week ago at this time I was pushing little Karis into the world! This past week has seemed like much longer than that and has been filled with every possible emotion. I have been overwhelmed by the nearness of the Lord in the midst of deep joy but also in the midst of feeling totally helpless/inexperienced with the new responsibilities of being a mommy.  There is truely nothing better than being a wife and momma but it is also exhausting! I'm reminded often by Karis's name that God's grace is sufficient for THIS MOMENT!

Now here we are, one week into parenthood, and the Lord's grace is fresh and new this morning just as it was the morning of Karis's birth. We really didn't sleep last night (similar to 30 hours of labor!) but the Lord is being gracious to teach us to live hour by hour. Its too much to think about even one full day. I'm reminded of the song which was true for labor and even more so now that we are caring for our daughter: I need the EVERY HOUR!



Still so many things to process from her birth and first week, the Lord is teaching Joshua and I so much each day. May we treasure this time that the Lord has given us for our sanctification in Him! Karis is such a joy to us and we are overflowing in praises to Him for this sweet gift of grace.


Isn't she lovely!?



Big yawn!

Seriously, so much better to have her out than in!


What would I have done without you this week Mom?
Sad to see you go today.
You are wonderful and I love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment