Pages

Friday, April 13, 2012

Happy Birthday Daddy!

I'm so thankful today for the most wonderful Daddy! 
What a precious gift from the Lord he is to me.  

4 years ago when I was first starting to get to know Joshua, I was often drawn to many of my Dad's qualities that I saw in him: steady, a man of integrity, hard worker, slow to anger, respectable, disciplined etc. I don't think I really could appreciate these qualities in my Dad until Joshua and I were married and now that Joshua is a daddy himself.
It is such an amazing gift to have parents who are still married and have kept their vows.
I respect how my dad is still madly in love with my mom! I pray the same will be true for us!





I respect my dad's servant heart, his commitment to provide for his family, both immediate and extended as they age. I love his quiet example as he consistantly visits Dat and Uncle George in Kingstree even if he doesnt have to. I love that even though he was busy, he always made time to be there when it really mattered.






I love his commitment to working hard at the hotel.  If he is going to do it, he does it right. 
I love how he is faithful to rise early, before the sun, day in and day out, to pray for his family.
I love his passion to train up younger men to work diligently, with character and integrity.
I love that even with managing a business thats open 24/7, he has always been a family man.


How he kept us us crazy kids straight, I don't know! But I'm thankful that a Father disciplines those he loves. He taught us that it wasnt okay to fight with one another and I'm thankful today to have my brother as a friend.


I love and respect that he raised me right and then gave me away to a man he trusted to be my new head; to lead, protect and provide for me in the way he always had...




I'm excited that he is a grandfather to Karis, her BC. I pray she will have many, many years to sit on his lap and soak up his love and wisdom. I'm thankful that this time last year they found the prostate cancer early so that by God's grace they were able to treat it!



I am often blown away by Dad's generosity and through him I have been able to understand more clearly what Jesus meant when He said "What father among you, if his son asks for a fish, will instead of a fish give him a serpent; or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”
(Luke 11:11-13)
My Dad is awesome and I praise the Lord for him, for He is the giver of all good things and our True and Perfect Father. I pray that one day Karis will be able to know the right qualities to look for in a man from her daddy.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD! I LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment