Lately I have been feeling like I just can't catch up. But do we ever? I have been wanting to write on here for a while now but its been hard to find the time. For now, here are some random thoughts on whats been happening lately.
Out of time, Karis is screaming. Looking forward to a date night for Joshua's company party! Yay for babysitters!
- Had a great time with our families in Summerville over Christmas and New Years. Always a joy to be with them. Karis had a blast!
- This has been the month of sickness. At least one of us has been sick continuously over the last month with the stomach bug and then 2 nasty colds. Lord willing, I think we are all on the mend finally!
- With that, Karis had her first real fever, 101-102 for a couple days. I didn't totally freak out (PRAISE!) but it was so sad to see her like that! Reminded again how "out of control" I am and how dependant we are on the Lord. I have ALOT to learn! I did enjoy the extra cuddling :)
- Joshua started a new job!!! He is with the same company but transitioned back into Engineering Services in the Protection division. He is loving the challenge and is excited to be able to take more leadership roles. It has been SO good to see him enjoying his work again! He is really gifted and passionate about electrical engineering, so it excites me to see that come alive again. I'm really proud of him. Still to be seen what the travel looks like but we are hopeful that it should be minimal compared to last time in ES.
- Karis is walking! Well, sort of :) She does it when she wants to, but is still much faster at crawling so usually thats her choice. Karis is full of energy and keeps me very busy!
- I still love working at home, can't imagine being anywhere else. I'm thankful that the Lord has provided for me to be able to do this. Learning alot right now about being a wife and momma and how to manage our home. Maybe more on that later.
- Its been good to sit down together over the last week to think back through the ups and downs of 2012 and also look forward to 2013. Thankful for fresh starts and new goals. Ultimately that we might know and love Jesus more this year than ever.
- So thankful to start our walking group back today! It is such a blessing to be encouraged AND exercise at the same time. I really look forward to this time every week.
- We are really excited to be part of weddings the next couple weekends! This weekend Joshua is the best man and I am playing cello in Edward and Carrie's wedding here in Charlotte. And next weekend we are traveling down to Atlanta where I will be a bridesmaid in Kevin and Madeline's wedding! Busy and fun! :)
- And then someone turns 1 on the 23rd! Crazy! Still haven't figured out how we are going to celebrate. Just keeping it simple though.
Out of time, Karis is screaming. Looking forward to a date night for Joshua's company party! Yay for babysitters!
No comments:
Post a Comment