Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

a week of surprises

This past week has been full of surprises, some good some bad. Praising God He is sovereign over them all!

Thursday I had a really hard day at work, I left feeling drained, exhausted and ready to just be by myself! Earlier that day we had a last minute invite to dinner with some friends from church, the Camenisch's. Even though I went into the dinner with a negative attitude, the Lord was so gracious to refresh us through this family! We are thankful for their openness and hospitality and that they live nearby! Julia is expecting their 4th in the next few months and I hope to spend some time with their growing family soon. We praise God for answered prayer as Joshua just began meeting regularly once a week before work with Daniel and Ed, an elder from our church.

Friday we had one of Joshua's coworkers, Anani, and his family over after dinner (also last minute!) but it was such a blast! Anani is from Togo and his beautiful wife Esther is taking some classes and taking care of their two boys. We were thankful for the fellowship and hopefully we can spend time with them again soon.

Saturday Joshua and I had planned to work on a service project with our church but I unfortunately woke up with a stomach bug! Yuck! I assume it was from work and I'm sure it won't be the last now that I'm surrounded by germs constantly! I NEVER get sick so it was quite the shocker to my system.  I was thankful to have Dr. Joshua around and he took good care of me. Its so humbling to not be able to do anything for yourself!

Sunday we missed church since I was still feeling pretty icky  that morning but by the afternoon I was itching to get out of the apartment. We took a quick trip over to Gardner Webb University for a performance of the Messiah. It was great! Joshua's uncle Cal was performing so it was extra special to see him and the family. I've never seen all three parts before so it was a special treat to see the progression of the three parts, Christmas, Easter, and Eternal Glory! Come Lord Jesus!

Monday was a full day of work! I feel like I am starting to get into a groove but am still on a huge learning curve.  I learn more and more each time, both about medicine and about life. I'm wrestling with some big heart issues the Lord is surfacing and I need Him to give me wisdom and understanding towards Him, my patients, and myself. The big surprise Monday: Tasers! One married couple pulled out and activated their tasers during their appointment (just to show them off not to use them on me!) WOW! Really!? Just have to laugh!

Tuesday we found out that we will likely not be able to evict Mark through the "little" court. The process is confusing and drawn out. We are again at a loss for how to proceed forward. We continue to pray that God would show His power and execute justice. We so desire that this house would be used for the Lord. Pray He would continue to change us through the process as we pray, wait, and take more steps of faith.

1 comment: