Pages

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Home

Home is where my heart is today. Its been fun to feel the baby move more than usual today :)

Its been a long work week (really a long work month!) and I am so grateful that for the next 4 days I will be off and home. I've had other stretchs of days off but lately they have been filled with out of town trips/weddings, etc. While each of these trip has been a sweet blessing, I am thankful for the chance to be home in Charlotte this long weekend with time to catch up and be refreshed without the craziness of travel.

Its hard to believe I will finish work in less than 2 months! My official end date is October 24th. My desire is that I would finish well and not allow the future to rob the joy of today.  I want to persevere despite the challenges of my job and I want to be a blessing to my coworkers each of these final days.

At the same time, my heart does long with excitement for the few months I have to "work at home" before the baby comes and also for the priviledge to stay home with our little one once they arrive in January. I'm thankful for the reminder today and this weekend that there is great joy found in caring for the needs of my husband and our home as I catch up with laundrey, plan meals, cook dinner etc. I have missed being able to do these things as I have been working and I'm thankful for Joshua's support and help as I have struggled to balance my responsibilities. He too is excited for me to be home again which brings joy to my heart. I love that the Lord has grown in my husband a love for our family and a desire to sacrifice so that I can be home with our children. I respect his hard work and commitment to provide for our family physically and spiritually. What a blessing!

1 comment:

  1. It is truly a gift to be home with your children- and not one everyone has a chance to! I'm glad you will. I've noticed you haven't found out the baby's sex yet- is that cause you want it to be a surprise or you just have to wait longer?

    ReplyDelete