Its hard to believe that Karis is already 1 month old! Where has the time gone!? Honestly, its quite a blur. It is hard for me to imagine life without our sweet daughter. The Lord is teaching us much through both the joys and challenges of parenthood.
She is growing SO fast. She weighed right at 9 lbs when we weighed her the other day and was somewhere between 21 and 22 inches! This is probably the last week her newborn clothes will fit her. They are getting tighter and tighter and her long legs are a bit squished :) (honestly, I NEVER thought we would have a baby that fit in newborn clothes, I just assumed our baby would be at least 8 lbs!).
Obviously, based on the above, she is eating great. She really LOVES to eat and eat fast (usually done within 5-10 minutes!). We think her fast eating makes her really great at spitting up :) All that aggressive eating has really helped me to get back to more of my normal self which I am greatful for! She is typically eating every 3 hours during the day and has started doing some longer stretches at night, 5-6 hours usually! We have had several nights with only one feeding which was so wonderful!
Everyday she has a little more personality. More and more it seems she has my strong-willed temperment (not necessarily proud of that!). She is such sweetie when she's happy but when she's not, look out! She is quite loud which Joshua says she gets from me ;) and she is also really strong with her head, arms and legs! We hope that means she will also be a passionate young lady for the Lord one day!
Her favorite time of the day is bathtime, she LOVES the water! It is so cute to watch her scooch herself further and futher down into the water. Her favorite places to hang out are her bouncer with a passi and her activity mat. She loves to stare at and follow new people, toys, images etc. Last week we started using the bumbo chair and she is getting really close to holding her little head unassisted! Karis is a music lover! I love to watch her calm down when we sing to her or put on one of her CDs.
We think she's got her daddy's eyes and momma's nose and mouth. Obviously Daddy's long body, feet, toes and fingers! I'm biased but I think she grows more beautiful everyday :)
So thankful for my amazing hubby and his sacrificial love for our family. He works hard unto the Lord everyday and is respected by his bosses and coworkers. I'm thankful that because of his dedication I am able to be a worker at home, to care for our daughter and the needs of our household. I love being a wife and mom, I can think of no better way to invest my life. I'm thankful that my family is able to get the best of me, my strength, intelect, giftings etc.
We are all very excited to travel home to Summerville tomorrow to see our families! Can't wait for everyone to meet our little sweetpea!
She is growing SO fast. She weighed right at 9 lbs when we weighed her the other day and was somewhere between 21 and 22 inches! This is probably the last week her newborn clothes will fit her. They are getting tighter and tighter and her long legs are a bit squished :) (honestly, I NEVER thought we would have a baby that fit in newborn clothes, I just assumed our baby would be at least 8 lbs!).
Obviously, based on the above, she is eating great. She really LOVES to eat and eat fast (usually done within 5-10 minutes!). We think her fast eating makes her really great at spitting up :) All that aggressive eating has really helped me to get back to more of my normal self which I am greatful for! She is typically eating every 3 hours during the day and has started doing some longer stretches at night, 5-6 hours usually! We have had several nights with only one feeding which was so wonderful!
Everyday she has a little more personality. More and more it seems she has my strong-willed temperment (not necessarily proud of that!). She is such sweetie when she's happy but when she's not, look out! She is quite loud which Joshua says she gets from me ;) and she is also really strong with her head, arms and legs! We hope that means she will also be a passionate young lady for the Lord one day!
Her favorite time of the day is bathtime, she LOVES the water! It is so cute to watch her scooch herself further and futher down into the water. Her favorite places to hang out are her bouncer with a passi and her activity mat. She loves to stare at and follow new people, toys, images etc. Last week we started using the bumbo chair and she is getting really close to holding her little head unassisted! Karis is a music lover! I love to watch her calm down when we sing to her or put on one of her CDs.
We think she's got her daddy's eyes and momma's nose and mouth. Obviously Daddy's long body, feet, toes and fingers! I'm biased but I think she grows more beautiful everyday :)
So thankful for my amazing hubby and his sacrificial love for our family. He works hard unto the Lord everyday and is respected by his bosses and coworkers. I'm thankful that because of his dedication I am able to be a worker at home, to care for our daughter and the needs of our household. I love being a wife and mom, I can think of no better way to invest my life. I'm thankful that my family is able to get the best of me, my strength, intelect, giftings etc.
We are all very excited to travel home to Summerville tomorrow to see our families! Can't wait for everyone to meet our little sweetpea!
Good morning sunshine!
Sweet smile :)
Look at my long toes!
Mommy loves me!
Pretty flower from Daddy
Love them!
She is such a Daddy's girl!

No comments:
Post a Comment