2 years ago right now, Joshua and I had just made these promises to one another before the Lord to join our lives together in Christ. SO incredibly thankful as I think back over that day and the past two years together. By His grace we are much more in love today than then and we have grown to know the Lord more together as husband and wife and now as parents. We fall short of these vows daily but He is changing us into the image of Christ by His Spirit as we repent and seek His grace daily to live out these rolls as husband and wife.
Joshua: I, Joshua, take you Peg, by the grace of God, to be my wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, to nourish and to serve, to protect and to provide, to lead and to pursue your heart as long as we both shall live, for the glory of God, for our mutual joy, and as a testimony to the nations. I love you, and as God is my witness, I give you my promise.
Peg: I, Peg, take you Joshua, by the grace of God, to be my husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, to nourish and to serve, to help and to encourage, to follow and to respect as long as we both shall live, for the glory of God, for our mutual joy, and as a testimony to the nations. I love you, and as God is my witness, I give you my promise.
Looking forward to a dinner date at home as a family, for the chance to renew these vows and watch our wedding video together. We are going to wait and celebrate together as a couple with a few nights a way in Charleston over Thanksgiving break when we already have the vacation time and family babysitters :)
Happy Anniversary Joshua!





No comments:
Post a Comment