Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

fft continued!

Yesterday I had the sweet joy of traveling to Kingstree, SC with my mom to visit my Grandmother (mom's mom). Though we hadn't planned it, we ended up visiting my other grandmother in the nursing home as well. 4 years ago was the last time I had visited with "Dat." I brought my cello and played and sang at the nursing home for several of her friends and we had a blast. It was such a special memory that I wanted that to be my last memory of her (she has Alzheimer's) and I really didn't feel like I could emotionally handle seeing her again in that condition.

But yesterday my Grandmomma wanted to go visit her and I felt like it would be good for me to see her at least one more time. She is special to me beyond words and I will always dearly miss her. I have thought of her often as I get ready to start work next week (she and her mother were nurses). I'm thankful for the smiles and laughs I was able to get out of her yesterday and I'm glad that I have a special new memory with Dat! I feel so honored to be named after two incredible women!

The 3 Peggy's! (with my two sweet grandmothers!)



2011-03-29 Kingstree 3-29-11


Sushi with some dear friends from Journey Church! Love these ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment