Joshua and I had a great week away and we are thankful to finally be back home in Charlotte! We both really enjoyed our time in Clemson and it was such a joy for me to see old friends.
I am thankful for sweet times shared with:
Joseph and Rachel, some of our dearest friends on earth! The Lord has truly knit our hearts and He continues to grow them each time we are together. Thankful for their continual prayers for us and how they have helped us in our new season of marriage. We adore their children and the chance to be a part of their family as Joshua Uncle and Peg Auntie. We are praying that the Lord would continue to lead and show us how we might serve together in the future, Lord willing!
Elizabeth, my sweet sweet friend from Clemson swimming. So few can relate in having been through the craziness of college swimming and I appreciate that we can understand each other in this way. Though we only swam one year together, our friendship quickly grew deep in Christ. I am thankful for her encouragement and perseverance. I am so proud of her for finishing all 4 years of swimming and for the light she has been to her teammates! Praise God!
Jan, who pursued me when I was in the pit and taught me how to know the Lord. I am forever grateful for her patience and diligence to teach God's Word to me, to train younger women in the truth. My life still bears the fruit of her faithfulness. I think of her almost every time I get the chance to tell my story. The Lord pursued me through Jan and I hope that the Lord will pursue others through me.
Stafford, my awesome brother who is now a man! It has been such a joy to watch him grow up his 4 years at Clemson and I could not be more proud of him as he graduates with a degree in Civil Engineering this May! I love how he challenges me in my faith and how he is a man I can truly respect. I love how the Lord has answered my prayers to bring a beautiful, godly woman into his life, Laura, who has become like a sister to us. I look forward to watching them grow in the years to come!
Lauren, my best girlfriend's sister who is now a dear friend to me. Thankful for our picnic in the beautiful botanical gardens and the chance to catch up on life. Excited to see all the Lord has in store for her and for the opportunity to be a part of Meredyth's wedding together in October.
Mary Elizabeth, a dear friend from summer project and college with whom I have a kindred spirit! It was so exciting to hear about her trip to India last summer and how the Lord is providing in amazing ways as she works through physical therapy school. Thankful for her spontaneous initiation to get together!
Jenna and Tara, two women whom the Lord has used to spur me greatly in the Lord. I am so excited for Jenna as she will be taking over Tara's staff position at Crosspoint Church next year. I love her commitment to pursue international students and her love for God's Word. Thankful for Tara and her new marriage with Matt, their relationship is truly a testimony of the Gospel! Excited for them as they finish out the year and move forward to seminary in the fall.
Joshua, my sweet husband who initiated us taking a weekend away in the mountains. Thankful for our fun date in Ashville and his intentionality to pursue my heart. It was so wonderful to have time to relax and enjoy the Lord, His creation and one another. I am thankful for the time we had to just sit, unrushed, and talk through issues in our marriage and bring them before the Lord in prayer. We both fail everyday to display God's love for one another but I am thankful that God is using our mess to draw us to Himself. Glory! Moving forward marks a new season in our marriage as I begin work very soon- life will look very different!
All that to say I am refreshed and renewed. God truly dwells with His people through His people! Excited for what He has in store in this new season!
No comments:
Post a Comment