Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is. And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit, addressing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody to the Lord with your heart, giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, submitting to one another out of reverence for Christ. Ephesians 5:15-21
This is a unique season in which I have way more free time than I have ever had in my entire life (and probably the most I will ever have!). I am thankful for this time that the Lord has ordained to be free from formal commitments. Honestly, it feels weird at times! Its interesting because I have always felt as if I didn't have enough time with swimming and school commitments. In some ways it feels like I can be less productive when I have more time?! Some days I get discouraged that I don't have anything "planned." Sometimes people ask what I've been up to this week and I struggle to think of an answer because my life is so unstructured. Nevertheless, I am learning daily how to creatively use the time, to grow and serve in ways that I won't have as much time for once I begin work and eventually when we have children.
I'm thankful for... times to grow with our church family in Charlotte, hospital visits, volunteer training at the pregnancy resource center, time to work on memorizing, meditating and hearing the Word, learning to cook, clean and keep our home running well, playing cello, guitar and singing, long walks/workouts in the beautiful weather...
I find myself longing for more structure yet I don't want to wish away the flexibility of the season? I want to redeem the time! I welcome any practical wisdom or advice for how to better use my time? I could definitely use any encouragement you could give!
Isn't it true that we are always longing for the next season!? I pray that the Lord would continue to teach me contentment in Him for this season, for this day!
This is a unique season in which I have way more free time than I have ever had in my entire life (and probably the most I will ever have!). I am thankful for this time that the Lord has ordained to be free from formal commitments. Honestly, it feels weird at times! Its interesting because I have always felt as if I didn't have enough time with swimming and school commitments. In some ways it feels like I can be less productive when I have more time?! Some days I get discouraged that I don't have anything "planned." Sometimes people ask what I've been up to this week and I struggle to think of an answer because my life is so unstructured. Nevertheless, I am learning daily how to creatively use the time, to grow and serve in ways that I won't have as much time for once I begin work and eventually when we have children.
I'm thankful for... times to grow with our church family in Charlotte, hospital visits, volunteer training at the pregnancy resource center, time to work on memorizing, meditating and hearing the Word, learning to cook, clean and keep our home running well, playing cello, guitar and singing, long walks/workouts in the beautiful weather...
I find myself longing for more structure yet I don't want to wish away the flexibility of the season? I want to redeem the time! I welcome any practical wisdom or advice for how to better use my time? I could definitely use any encouragement you could give!
Isn't it true that we are always longing for the next season!? I pray that the Lord would continue to teach me contentment in Him for this season, for this day!
"Let not our longing slay the appetite of our living!" -Jim Elliot
Display board for Utica Missions Conference
(love that I can serve my husband in this way!)
We are so looking forward to sharing with the body this weekend!
Finished product from pottery with Cam last month.

No comments:
Post a Comment