Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

House Reflections

Wow, what a weekend! We worked long and hard Friday-Sunday in Clemson and got back to Charlotte last night around 1:30am! Anyone who knows us well can see that this was WAY past our bedtime ;)

I am continually amazed by all the lessons the Lord is teaching us through this house. The Lord is using what has seemed like such a trial/distraction/interruption FOR OUR GOOD and for HIS GLORY. It has been hard, frustrating, and painful at times but as we come to the end of this season with the house, He is opening my eyes more to see beautiful truths that He has been teaching us along the way.

No, we don't have a clear understanding as to why the Lord has brought us through this crazy situation but we DO know that He has used it to change us both individually and in our marriage. We pray that the Lord would use our experience (both the good and bad) to encourage those around us to praise Jesus in the trials He has placed in their lives.

I was meditating on these things this morning and I felt like my mind was about to explode as I was thinking on God's faithfulness these past couple years. My desire over the next couple weeks is to write out and reflect over these things as we approach the August 1st deadline. I want to actively REMEMBER and PRAISE Him for all He has done so that our hearts will truly worship Him as we "finish" the house renovations. Only Jesus could redeem this broken mess!

It really feels like a miracle to me that its coming together.  Honestly, I did not have faith that it would but the Lord has been helping me to trust Him along the way. Joshua and I are thankful for all of you who have prayed and supported us in this season, we could not have done it without you.

Reasons I want to document this journey: 1) I need to process all that has happened and writing is the best way for me to do that. 2) I want our family to be able to look back and REMEMBER God's faithfulness as Israel was called to remember when God rescued them from Egypt 3) I want this mess to result in praise, glory and honor to the name of Jesus, both in His people and those He is drawing to Himself from among the peoples of the earth.

So join with me the next couple weeks in praise and thanksgiving right where you are, whatever trials the Lord has brought your way. He IS using them for the good of those who LOVE Him and are called according to His purposes.

A few quick pictures (more to come as we finish in a few weekends)
Kitchen, before and after

Master Bath, before and after. I can't believe I actually cleaned that junk.
I gave up a few time along the way but glad it got done!

Seriously. Papa is amazing! Look at that beautiful kitchen! And, look at how much my baby has grown up!
Fireplace, before and after.

Kitchen/Dining Room


Can't believe she was this happy at 11 pm! What a sweet lil zebra!
Taken right before we left last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment