Pages

Monday, February 7, 2011

3 months!


Its hard to believe that as of yesterday Joshua and were married 3 months ago! In so many ways it seems as if it has been much longer than that. We have been through so many transitions in these months which have made it feel this way. We are so thankful for the Lord's grace through these changes: new marriage :) our move to Charlotte, new apartment, new local church, new friends, Joshua's new job (including extensive travel to NJ all of January and now a new project with Duke Energy!) and also my new job which will hopefully begin next month. It is such a sweet joy to finally be married and walking daily with Joshua. I have so loved learning to be a wife (including cooking! what a miracle!). It is truly a blessing of undeserved grace! I am thankful for how Joshua daily shepherds my heart in the Word and prayer, for his gentleness, patience, and care, especially when I am being hard to live with. I love that that Lord also uses him to correct me when I am living in sin! I am thankful that he loves me enough to lovingly lead me to the truth, washing me with the water of the Word. May the Lord continue to use us in one anothers lives that we might know and love the Lord more and more! I love you Joshua!

Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands.

Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, so that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish. In the same way husbands should love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ does the church, because we are members of his body. “Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.” This mystery is profound, and I am saying that it refers to Christ and the church. However, let each one of you love his wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband. Ephesians 5:22-33

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post Peg! I am so happy for you and Joshua :) - Sindhu

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peg, what a sweet, sweet post about the love and fellowship you have with your husband! I love the way he is leading you! And the way you are learning! A true blessing! And I love the scripture you are posting with your entries! Good stuff, Sister! Love you!

    ReplyDelete