Words cannot describe how thankful we are for the friendships God has ordained in our lives! It is amazing to look back over so many seasons and see how the Lord specifically knit our hearts with others. Last night we had the opportunity to skype with our dear friends, the McBrooms. They have truely been one of the most influential couples in our lives! The Lord used Abigail in my life so much in college to help me understand His character and sovereignty. I was always amazed by her faith and trust in the Lord, even in the midst of challenging circumstances, especially being separated from Nathan while he was in China. I always wondered how on earth they could do that!? I NEVER would have imagined at the time that I would find myself in that same situation, but I remember learning so much from her during that season of waiting and also as Nathan returned home from China. It was so challenging to watch their relationship in person, to see how Nathan loved Abigail but how he also led her in the Lord. Meredyth and I had the amazing priviledge to be a part of their wedding and it was truly the most Christ exalting ceremony I had ever experienced. God used their wedding to grip my heart in a new way with the Gospel of Christ, such a vivid picture of how Christ will surely return for His beloved bride!
And so I found myself in the same situation a few years later! Say! We are ever grateful for the McBrooms and their encouragment to us before Joshua left, during his entire time in India, and also our season together before marriage. I knew I could always call Abigail and she would understand without me trying to explain, what a rare gift! They stood with us in prayer through trials, discouragment, and illness as well as excitment, joy and growth in the Lord. We are so thankful that Nathan was willing to come and herald the Gospel at our ceremony. He not only preaches the Word but lives it.
I thank my God always when I remember you in my prayers, because I hear of your love and of the faith that you have toward the Lord Jesus and for all the saints, and I pray that the sharing of your faith may become effective for the full knowledge of every good thing that is in us for the sake of Christ. For I have derived much joy and comfort from your love, my brother, because the hearts of the saints have been refreshed through you. Philemon 1:4-7


No comments:
Post a Comment