In the past year I have begun to understand the storyline of the Bible also known as redemptive history. Up until now I really had no understanding of how each book of the Bible fits into this story of redemptive history. Context really does make such a difference! Many of the scriptures I have heard my entire life have been completely taken out of context! Its only in reading through the entire Bible that you can begin to see the text for what they are and begin to comprehend the authors intended meaning rather than what you "think" or "feel" it should mean.
At church, we are currently working through the book "The God Who is There" by D A Carson. The book is working though the basics of redemptive history and how it relates to us finding our place in God's story. We are learning so much! Here is a short 6 minute video with the highlights:
No comments:
Post a Comment