Joshua and I are enjoying our journey through the Bible together. We actually started a couple years ago while Joshua was in India and have been working through chronilogically little by little. This is the first time I have actually read all the way through the Bible! I am amazed at how the Lord is revealing Himself through the whole councel of His word! For the first time I am beginning to understand and worship YWAH, the one true God, the God of the Bible. I always hated God's wrath and judgement and by grace the Holy Spirit is helping me to see this aspect of God's character as beautiful. We finally made it to Jeremiah 31. This chapter is often taken out of context. After reading it in the midst of the pronounced wrath and destruction which the Lord is ready to pour out, it is INCREDIBLE! God is FAITHFUL to His people even as He executes justice!
Jeremiah 31:10-14
“Hear the word of the Lord, O nations, and declare it in the coastlands far away; say, ‘He who scattered Israel will gather him, and will keep him as a shepherd keeps his flock.’ For the Lord has ransomed Jacob and has redeemed him from hands too strong for him. They shall come and sing aloud on the height of Zion, and they shall be radiant over the goodness of the Lord, over the grain, the wine, and the oil, and over the young of the flock and the herd; their life shall be like a watered garden, and they shall languish no more. Then shall the young women rejoice in the dance, and the young men and the old shall be merry. I will turn their mourning into joy; I will comfort them, and give them gladness for sorrow. I will feast the soul of the priests with abundance, and my people shall be SATISFIED with my goodness, declares the Lord.”
No comments:
Post a Comment